- My order from Cath Kidston arrived today: a new ironing board cover, some napkins, soaps, a lavender bag, and placemats. Mark says I’ve gone all girly with housewares. ‘Nonsense’ I told him as I smoothed out the Laura Ashley floral throw I bought for the guest room.
- I sat down to dinner last night and Mark told me there was a wasp on my shoulder. I reacted in a calm and dignified (and manly) fashion. I did not do a frantic version of St Vitus’s Dance and scream like a girl. Well, OK I did. Killed the wasp though.
- My order from Fortnum and Mason arrived today: Wine mulling spices, spiced biscuits, a King George Christmas Cake. Also, my favourite, is an F&M “Stir Up Sunday” Christmas Pudding kit. It consists of all the ingredients you need for a Christmas pudding, including the pudding basin. Just add eggs and butter. Last week Fortnums delivered my Advent Calendar (more on that another time).
- I am holding off ordering my Scottish Christmas tree and wreath until the end of the month (when they say they’ll advertise their specials).
- I did some volunteer training today and will be in at the Hall on Thursday and Friday.
- My order from Amazon arrived today: two fascinating books to read.
- Orlando has taken to going out into the back garden and meow-yowling. Something about territory? Anyway, it’s scaring the neighbours, who think a child is crying. He only does it when he’s outside, so it’s not a cry of pain.
- The nights are drawing in as autumn takes hold. The street is regularly filling with yellow leaves and the nights are getting chilly! We love it!
Posted by: scottsabode | October 11, 2010
Posted in Home
- Fun and frivolity
- House History
- Newnes Home Manage- ment
- Ramblings and Musings
- Seventies Vogue
- unusual happenings